uPVC doors are the simple and affordable option for a “maintenance free” door; however that affordability comes with a potentially even greater cost.
As a company we believe in total honesty, so here is a list of common problems with ANY uPVC panel door. (This is what the other companies don’t tell you!!!)
• They can drop, meaning that they can be difficult, even impossible, to lock until rectified.
• They are not very secure, you can put all the locks on you want but the fact remains they have a panel held in by four simple beads.
• The glass drops. As the glass in only held in to the panel by what is in effect double sided tape, over time because of the weight of the glass and especially if moisture gets in to the panel, the glass could slip down leaving you exposed to the outside.
• The brown panels absorb the suns heat, This very often leads to discolouration and cracked mouldings.
• Many panel suppliers state that their panels are not for external use.
With all this in mind it is our policy to advise against the common uPVC panel doors. The only uPVC door we will install are the fully glazed style and ones like featured in our photos. Please feel free to contact us if you would like further information.
We strongly recommend considering a composite door to eliminate all of the above problems as well as giving you a broader range of options to choose from. A massive 70% of burglaries are attempted through a door, don’t put your family’s safety at risk; fit a composite door.